[rules-users] When - Then In DSL Rule

IPatel ishita.patel at usbank.com
Mon Feb 18 10:34:36 EST 2013

A basic question about writing DSL rules. I am not sure if i am using correct
terminology to ask the following question.

I have the following in my DSL Configuration:

[when] When the transcation is credit= $item:Item(CDIndicator == "Credit")
[then] Charge a fee = $item.setChargeFee (true)

[when] When the loan application is submitted =
$application:LoanApplication(Submitted == true)

Now in my business rules tab. I have the rule that when the loan application
is submitted then charge a fee.
so i selected something like this on the Business Rules tab:
When
    1.   When the loan application is submitted
THEN
    1.   Charge a fee

When i test this scenario, the system does not recognize "Then" part. So the
question is *Can i not use the "Then" part defined in DSL format with
different "When" part??*