[rules-users] Drools Guvnor User authentication

droolist satishnryn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:24:09 EST 2013

Verify that you have given that user permissions in the administration
module.
Here is my experience when I tried Guvnor 5.5 with JAAS...
After I got past that namespace issue, I ran into a Seam issue where user
was returning null. After searching, it seemed that was a bug in Seam
security that was included in Guvnor. So, I gave up on trying to use JAAS
and tried the authenticator. If you dont need the callback that JAAS
provides, you have the option of trying Authenticator. If you are using
tomcat, you have put your classes in the WEB-INF/classes folder. when I
tried to jar and put in the lib folder, it didnt pick up the class.
It is possible in your case that you just need to provide the user
permissions.
Hope this helps.