[rules-users] Difficulty determining why I have score corruption [Planner]

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:05:39 EST 2013

Op 09-01-13 01:00, megwoods schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I have been at this a couple of days now but I am getting score corruption
> from a rule that does the following:
>
> rule "to bigger gap"
>      when
>        $res: ResourceInstance()
>        $resList : ArrayList(size > 1)
>                from collect( TripAtTimeWithResource(resource  == $res) )
>      then
>       -- Sort the list using custom comparator.
>       -- Measure a series of deltas between elements in the list.
>       -- If the delta is larger than a threshold add a soft constraint.
1) Ideally, this logic would be in the "when" part.
Not that that explains score corruption, but it should be faster
performance wise because it does better "incremental score calculation"
(see manual about that concept).

I would also expect that there is no "from collect", but a "from
accumulate" to detect the max or sum of the delta.

// quick pseudo code
when
   $res: ResourceInstance()
   (intValue > deltaTreshold )from accumulate(
       TripAtTimeWithResource(resource  == $res, $a : timeslot)
       and TripAtTimeWithResource(resource  == $res, timeslot > $a, $b :
timeslot)
       and not TripAtTimeWithResource(resource  == $res, timeslot > $a,
timeslot < $b),
       max(... delta of $a and $b ...)
   )
then

Addendum: If needed (because of performance reasons how from's currently
work),
you might want split it up into 2 rules, similar as nurse rostering's
drl does regularly (with the Start and End logicalInserts), although
it's unlikely.
>       insertLogical(new IntConstraintOccurrence("to bigger gap",
> ConstraintType.NEGATIVE_SOFT,delta * 10, ttrL));
2) What's that cause ttrL? I would have expected $res as a cause?