[rules-users] Web services and Drools

riri irina.adam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:50:20 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

I need to develop a web application that includes Drools as its rule engine
and would like to expose its functionality as web services. I would
appreciate some expert opinion on which framework would be easiest to learn
and to work with. Some of the posts I have seen regarding Drools and OSGi
refer to it as a "nightmare". Is that still true with the current version?
If anyone has had any experience with Spring, EJB or other and would like to
share I would be very interested since I am new to this domain. If there is
a case to be made about not using a framework at all then I would also like
to hear you out.

Best regards,