[rules-users] Web services and Drools

Stephen Masters stephen.masters at me.com
Mon Jan 14 09:00:47 EST 2013

Personally, I use the Spring framework to provide SOAP (and REST) web services to other applications. It's relatively simple to set it up and I'm fond of the contract-first approach which it encourages.

With regards integration with Drools, it's easy enough in Spring. You just need to create a Spring bean to act as the interface to your knowledge base. That way, Spring ensures that you have only one knowledge base instance in play, so it is configured and compiled when the application starts.

I'd be happy to answer any Spring/Drools integration questions (I don;t tend to use other web frameworks), and I can provide some code examples if Spring is the way you wish to go.

Steve