[rules-users] Can drool engine validate on xml input.

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 03:58:06 EST 2013

On 16/01/2013, sunil.ss <sunil.ss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, As of today we are using Drools 2.0, where we are converting the xml in
> to java objects before validating by drools engine. Can we send xml
> directly
> to Drools 5.2 or higher and validate directly instead of conversion from
> xml
> to java.

Technically speaking: yes, you can insert org.w3c.dom objects from a
XML DOM tree as facts into working memory and reason with them.
But this would mean that you'd have to rewrite all of your rules.

Also, see a very recent thread on the rules-users list.

> Also, please share if there are any design considerations while
> migrating from drools 2.0 to 5.2 or higher. Which version is stable and
> all.

For migrating the features available in 2.0 any 5.x should do, e.g., 5.5.0

-W