[rules-users] Guvnor 5.5 being WIERD

starfish15 pooja.ghosh at accenture.com
Wed Jan 16 14:10:04 EST 2013

Hello laune,

The rule posted by me above is the source of my GUVNOR Business Rule. The
dum1 is the ExecutionResult from them. It seems when designg the ACTION in
GUVNOR of drools 5.5, the fact is getting attached automatically. To add
Actions, in 5.5 to use the fact, i cudnt use an existing fact. Though
earlier in 5.2 we were able to select the Fact for and conditions and
actions. Here they ask either of the following for a new column.

1. Add a new metadata,attribute column --> This i understand are for the
Rule Attributes
2. Add a simple condition --> This is a column for the Condition
3. Set the value of a field --> This describes a column for Action
4. Set the value of a field on a new fact --> I had used this option which
included a new Fact that shows
                                                            above in the
Rule. I mean the fact1
5. Retract an existing fact

Dummy fact is just required for the Actions. Instead due to think it wud be
better to use an attribute from the existg fact???