[rules-users] Drools 5.5 API doc doesn't show all classes.

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Jan 18 19:31:23 EST 2013

5.x supports free form expressions. This means it is not a trivial thing to analyse.

In a pattern there will be 1..n strings for each expression. You'll need to build that string with MVEL and then analyse the MVEL AST tree.

Take a look at drools-compiler PatternBuilder and MVELExprAnalyzer. These don't show how to extract fields, but it does show you how we analyse patterns for other mvel content.

Mark