[rules-users] Drools Guvnor Repository Reports

Aseem Belsare aseem.belsare at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:51:45 EST 2013

Yes I have. I tried to do something similar to get the version history from
Guvnor, but then I get exceptions which seem to be related to REST API and
not Guvnor. I have no idea why this is happening.

Code:
        URL url = new URL(guvnorURI + "/" + packageName +"/"+"versions");

        HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
        con.setRequestMethod("GET");
        con.setRequestProperty("Accept", MediaType.APPLICATION_ATOM_XML);

        String userPassword = "admin" + ":" + "admin";
        String encoding = new
sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode(userPassword.getBytes());
        con.setRequestProperty("Authorization", "Basic " + encoding);

        con.connect();

        InputStream versionHistory = con.getInputStream();

        Abdera ab = new Abdera();
        Document<Feed> doc = ab.getParser().parse(new
InputStreamReader(versionHistory));
        Feed feed = doc.getRoot();

        List<Entry> entries = feed.getEntries();

        for(Entry entry : entries){
            System.out.println(entry.getTitle());
            System.out.println(entry.getUpdated());
            System.out.println(entry.getAuthor());
        }
        .
        .
        //remaining code.

Exception: thrown at *Document<Feed> doc = ab.getParser().parse(new
InputStreamReader(versionHistory));*
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.abdera.parser.ParseException:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
    at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMBuilder.next(FOMBuilder.java:244)
    at
org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMBuilder.getFomDocument(FOMBuilder.java:317)
    at
org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMParser.getDocument(FOMParser.java:79)
    at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMParser.parse(FOMParser.java:191)
    at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMParser.parse(FOMParser.java:143)
    at org.apache.abdera.util.AbstractParser.parse(AbstractParser.java:86)
    at
com.envisagesystems.rules.impl.TestRuleImpl.printVersionHistory(TestRuleImpl.java:66)
    at
com.envisagesystems.rules.impl.TestRuleImpl.main(TestRuleImpl.java:47)
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
    at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedEOF(StreamScanner.java:686)
    at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.handleEOF(BasicStreamReader.java:2134)
    at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2040)
    at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.next(BasicStreamReader.java:1069)
    at
org.apache.axiom.util.stax.wrapper.XMLStreamReaderWrapper.next(XMLStreamReaderWrapper.java:225)
    at
org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMBuilder.getNextElementToParse(FOMBuilder.java:149)
    at org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMBuilder.next(FOMBuilder.java:174)
    ... 7 more

Any ideas?

Aseem