[rules-users] Question about caching of MoveListFactory

Michiel Vermandel mvermand at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 04:41:33 EST 2013

Hi,

Is it possible to use caching on a custom created MoveListFactory?

I mean, I created a custom MoveListFactory and configured it like this:

             <moveListFactory>
                  <moveListFactoryClass>my.planner.solver.ProjectShiftFactory</moveListFactoryClass>
            </moveListFactory>

I noticed that the createMoveList method is called upon every step.
Though, if I get things right, in the case that the step did not result in a better score, the solution will not be cloned and thus (in my case) the

calling of the createMoveList in the next step will result in exactly the same list containing the same object instances.

I think it would be OK if the createMoveListis only called when a better score is reached and a cloneSolution will be executed (and thus my object instances get obsolete).
1) I hope my theory makes sense end if so my question is: can I cache the list on the level as described?

2) One more question about steps: if a step does not result in a better score, what happens then?

- A new number of moves is launched up to the limit defined by minimalAcceptedSelection?
But what is the difference with the previous step?
Is it the fact that a "different" solution with the same score will be used as starting point of the new step (given that one uses tabu)?

Thanks,

Michiel