[rules-users] XStreamAlias

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 03:04:27 EST 2013

It's not related to Planner performance, it's for serializating a
Solution dataset from/to XML with xstream (and Planner doesn't care how
you do that).
If you're getting your data another way (say from a database with JPA or
JDBC), then you can delete all the xstream annotations in the example
domain models.

As far how it affects xstream's serialization performance, ask on the
xstream mailing list. I don't think it does.
You can also use JAXB instead of xstream, if you're coming from/to XML.
(Internally Planner uses xstream too to parse the solver configuration
file, but you needed care about that)

More info (Michael has a point - first link on google :)
   http://xstream.codehaus.org/annotations-tutorial.html
Explains how XStreamAlias replaces
"<com.thoughtworks.xstream.RendezvousMessage>" with "<message>"