[rules-users] new Kie API and RuleMatrixSheetListener()

Ramon Buckland ramon at thebuckland.com
Wed May 8 11:29:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am looking at the new Kie API and I am trying to work out how I tell it / Drools that I have a RuleMatrixSheet ..

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/blob/master/drools-decisiontables/src/main/java/org/drools/decisiontable/parser/RuleMatrixSheetListener.java

This was the old way (a bit manual)

        final SpreadsheetCompiler converter = new SpreadsheetCompiler();
        final InputStream stream = this.getClass().getResourceAsStream( "/path/to/spreadsheet.xls" );
        final String drl = converter.compile( stream,
                                              InputType.XLS,
                                              new RuleMatrixSheetListener() );

Is there an example of a matrix style Spreadsheet being used to generate the rules, with the new Kie APIs ?

I can't seem to find similar concepts on the ResourceFactory API, or on "Resource"

Version 5 and version 6 don't really "support" the Configuration object understanding the Matrix Style Rules table.

If it were to be implemented, it looks like :

    org.kie.api.builder.KieFileSystem

needs some changes, to support the compilation of a Rule Matrix where write* is taking a Resource,

If there is not an Example, what do I need to "wire" together for this.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Kind regards
Ramon

Ramon Buckland