[rules-users] Performing Hibernate NativeSQLQuery in Drools

Roopa roopa.musuley at gmail.com
Wed May 8 12:39:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

I need some inputs on integrating Hibernate with Drools platform.
Please do help me executing nativeSQLQuery of Hibernate in Drools DRL file

In Java file, setting the session as global parameter in Drools
     droolsSession.setGlobal("hibernateSession", session);

and in the DRL file, in when clause I am trying to execute the Native SQL
Query

      Order() from hibernateSession.createSQLQuery("SELECT id FROM
Order").list(); // this query will give the list of orderId s from RDBMS.

Here, Order() is a POJO class (Entity) mapping to Order table.

When executed, I found the Order() entity is not populated with the id
values from the query.

Can some one help me with the tutorial which speaks about Quering DB via
Hibernate NativeSQL Query in Drools.