[rules-users] Drools 6.0.0.Beta2 Documentation and Examples

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed May 15 15:36:32 EDT 2013

Up to date examples can be found here:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-examples-api
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-examples-cdi

Mark
On 15 May 2013, at 17:48, 445511 <contact at silvernine.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use Drools 6.0.0.Beta2 but none of the examples appear to be
> "Kie"-ified making it difficult to figure out.  Is there more up to date
> documentation concerning Drools 6 without pooring through source code?
>
> I'm specifically interested in drools + jbpm, new annotations, git
> integration, maven integration, new Drools UI (the uberfire one which I'm
> still unclear whether this is going to be called guvnor or something
> completely different).
>
> I realize how hard it is to work on a project and document at the same time
> - especially given the multi-continent talks coming up but this has been an
> ongoing struggle with JBoss based projects.  The early releases (and even
> final) lack sufficient accurate documentation to even evaluate its use.  I
> can only assume that this substantially reduces support contract
> opportunities and frustrates early adopters.
We have deadlines, for which releases must be met. These are always aggressive and if things get too squeezed, documentation is one of the first things to go, as it's the only thing that can be left until the end.

Anyone from the community is welcome to work with us to help document the examples we've done, or update existing examples. While not everyone can do core code, or have the time to do core code, I imagine most people can spare a few hours here and there for examples and documentation.

Mark