[rules-users] Translate Drools to CLIPS rules

Stadin, Benjamin Benjamin.Stadin at heidelberg-mobil.com
Thu May 30 16:16:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm interested in possibilities to convert (one-way) Drools to CLIPS rules. I've followed the discussion about the canceled support for the CLIPS parser in Drools ("Drools Clips", last reply 2 Feb 2013). However, are there any options left to make a one-way conversion?

My interest in this is that I currently do a little research about how to fill the gap between central business rule engines and business process implementation and execution on smartphones / tablets (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8). Currently I'm under the opinion that good old CLIPS could theoretically be a common denominator to enable common rule definition, and partial execution of these on mobile devices.

Regards,
Benjamin Stadin