[rules-users] Guvnor 6.0 User Security

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Thu May 30 16:49:13 EDT 2013

On 30 May 2013, at 21:26, Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com> wrote:

> At the moment 6.0 authenticates users from a properties file (drools-wb) or with JACC (kie-drools-wb and kie-wb).
>
> Uberfire, the underlying workbench library, supports a finer grained permissions model however we are still discussing requirements for 6.0.
>
> Previous "package" level permissions may become project level (as 6.0 allows for multiple projects to be authored side-by-side and as dependencies of one and other).

The Guvnor5 migration tool, will migrate one package to a project in Guvnor6. I should be adding project scoped security, in the UI. If the remove GIT connector is used, such as with team syncing, we cannot provide anything lower than repository level. But note you can have as many repositories as you like, and if necessary one project per repository.

Mark