[rules-users] Ask about Drools, Business Rule (.brl file) and technical rule (.drl)

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 08:04:05 EDT 2013

Hello,

"BRL" was an internal format; in essence it was an XStream dump of the
model used by the Guided Rule Editor. BRL is dead in 6.0.x.

In versions prior to 6.0.x it was impossible to map between DRL and BRL;
hence no conversion is provided. In 6.0.x there is a parser to convert from
DRL to the model used by the editor.

You could theoretically try re-using the 6.0.x DRL->Editor model
conversion; however a lot has changed between 5.5.x and 6.0.x so it would
not be trivial (if you remain on 5.x).

With kind regards,

Mike