[rules-users] Potential Bug in Guvnor with usage of "from collection" and "Any of the following are true"

Sean Su sean.x.su at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 15:07:46 EDT 2013

I found that the statement generated from "from collection" is not correct
when it is used in combination with "Any of the following are true"
feature. There is ">" being generated in frond of the statement which is
causing the compilation error.

Here is the code being generated from the guided editor:

  java.util.Collection( size >= 1 ) from collect ( ProcedureEvent( elements
contains 4658 ))
(         >java.util.Collection( size == 1 ) from collect ( ProcedureEvent(
elements contains 7788 , eval( contiguousDays.createNewWithPaddedTime(1,
DateTimeUnit.DAY).intersectsButNotAdjacent($diagnosticEvent.contiguousDays)
)))
or         >java.util.Collection( size >= 2 ) from collect ( DrugEvent(
elements contains 4146 ))
)The code above was from the item 8 and 9 in the attached screen. As shown,
the collection statement is correct when there is no "any of the following
are true" involved.

This seems to be a bug in Guvnor.

Please let me know if this needs to be reported.

Sean