[rules-users] Guvnor 5.5 pkg compile error - Unable to build expression for action

pritispin pritispin at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 09:33:07 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm not able to compile an imported pkg from eclipse inside guvnor. The
package is imported into defaultPackage and the process definition of the
imported packages has tns:package:defaultPackage.

I'm runnnig the jbpm-fullinstaller 5.5 which starts jBossAS7. The errors,
when I compile the package after the process is being imported, are
following:
1) Unable to analyze expression ClientTaskDetail clientTaskDetail = new
ClientTaskDetail();
2) Unable to build expression for action ClientTaskDetail

Now in the process definiton, there is an import of the business class which
works fine in eclipse.

Seems like guvnor is not finding the business jar in the classpath.

So I packaged the business jar inside the drools-guvnor.war and redeployed
it (followed ant stop.demo; ant start.demo) but still keep getting the same
error.

Can someone please point me to a tool that will suggest what jars are being
loaded into the runtime or a possible resolution for this classpath issue
when it is not finding the business jar that is being reference inside the
process definition.

BTW, this process definiton does not have any rules inside it - it just have
bunch of script tasks that references business service jars.

Thanks you for your time.
~Priti