[rules-users] Events in wrong order - will it cause problems?

Alexander Wolf mail at alexander-wolf.net
Tue Sep 10 09:50:13 EDT 2013

I used to let drools  set the timestamp of events automatically, but a new requirement forces me to use @timestamp for my events.
Normally my events should come in the right order, but sometimes (as the events origin from mobile devices) it can occur that the order is incorrect.

I tested with "wrong" timestamps and it seems like they would work alright - but I think I read somewhere, that events inserted in a wrong order might be ignored in some circumstances (especially by CEP rules).

How can events in wrong order cause problems?