[rules-users] Events in wrong order - will it cause problems?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 10:37:56 EDT 2013

You might be bitten by incorrect firings of rules that react to
something not happening after some event. Consider the rule:

  "When John doesn't call Betty after he calls Ada and before he calls Cloe..."

and the call event to Betty arrives later than the one to Cloe.

(There may be issues with window:time, too, due to long transmission delays.)

It depends on the application, but overwriting timestamps of the
source device might be necessary, possibly with a check of the length
of the transmission delay. Some mobile services are not guaranteed to
be anywhere near real time.

-W