[rules-users] Drools 6 Junit Random Failures

richardhands richard.hands at uk.sopragroup.com
Wed Apr 30 04:54:57 EDT 2014

Okay, after much investigation, it turns out the tests were A) using
.execute, rather than insert and fireallrules type behaviour, so i
refactored that to improve them a bit (gave me more control).

after that, and using the debug tools suggested it lead me to the root cause
of the problem.

someone when constructing the inbound facts had called
Calendar.getInstance() mutiple times, for different fields, which should
actually have been the same date/time, and hence sometimes the tests passed,
sometimes they failed.

sorted it now :-)