[rules-users] Seting up test scenarios for Excel Decision Table with a map of data coming in

mvanders mark.vandersteen at servicestream.com.au
Wed Feb 5 19:40:21 EST 2014

Thank abhinay for your reply.

I know a can create Test Scenarios in Guvnor and thats what I'm attempting
to do we want to avoid coding the tests in JUnit, of which we already have a
few tests to test the functionality of the underlying system (fuse esb).
My problem is with what I've attempted so far I'm unable to get these rules
to fire. I put it down to not being able to pass the data through to the
test correctly, when setting it up in Test Scenario set up area.

What im unsure of is how to present the data within the test scenario so
it's passed through as a Map and not just a delcarative  Model as per the
following :-

declare incomingData
    workType: String
    status: String
end

I know i can setup the map in a declared model like so

declare incomingData
    incomingData: java.util.Map
end

What i don't get is how to set the values within the map inside the test
scenario.

If anyone can point me to an example or explain it i'll be very grateful.

Cheers
Mark