[rules-users] [Drools Activation-group] / how to set many activation groups

jcarpene jerome.carpene at sopragroup.com
Mon Feb 10 07:16:38 EST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to implement some rules that need more that a unique
Activation-group.

My case is related to some Voucher codes for online shopping. A simple case
works great, by defining an Activation-group to make sure 2 Voucher codes
cannot be used at the same time.

But now I need 2 Voucher codes (say Code 1, Code 2) to be compatible (no
activation-group) and a 3rd code (Code 3) to be disabled if Code 1 or Code 2
is used. If I use a XOR group name as an Activation-group, then Code 1 and
Code 2 will have a same Activation-group and will be exclusive (which I do
not want).

Do you know a way of setting multiple Activation-Groups for example, or any
workaround for that case ?

Regards,

Jerome