[rules-users] Custom Operator - 5.4.0 works but nor not in 5.6.0.

mattmadhavan mmadhavan at facs.org
Fri Feb 14 12:18:47 EST 2014

Hello,
I have written a drools custom operator called inlist. It takes two strings
are parameters and works great in 5.4.0.

I can do some thing like this.

rule inList_1
	dialect "mvel"
when
    $cp3rRecord  : Cp3rRecord (*primarySite*e inlist ("C500-C505") )
then
     System.out.println  ("Fired inList_1");
end

where primary site is a filed of the type Cp3rRecord and it works great in
5.4.0

There is a change in the API from 5.4.0 to 5.6.0

The Old evaluator is:

/The new one (Per 5.6.0) is/

Note the third parameter! its is changed from Object to a Fact handle
(*Please see lines 1) and 2)* )

When I extract the Object its returning me the FACT again and it blows off
when I cast it to String. Any ideas please> I have been stuck on this for a
day!

I am getting the exception *cannot cast primarySite to a FactHnadle
*

Can some one throw some light on this one please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt'M