[rules-users] 6.0.1.F Can this be done with enumerations?

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:34:01 EST 2014

No, but in master (i.e. unreleased) if you defined dependent enumerations
and one value of a parent doesn't have a dependent enumeration defined it
falls back to show a widget for the underlying data-type.

For example:-

Car.fuel = ["Diesel", "Petrol"]
Car[fuel=Diesel] = ["BIO", "REGULAR"]

Selecting Car, Fuel=Diesel would show a list box for "BIO" and "REGULAR".
Selecting Car, Fuel=Petrol would show a text box.

If you use a template or decision table and leave the textbox empty the
constraint will not be included in the resulting DRL.