[rules-users] 6.0.1.F Artifact Repository vs <container>/lib dir

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 14:36:58 EST 2014

The problem is this:

1) At the moment you need to put enum helper classes in /lib (we simply
haven't changed the way this worked from 5.5)

2) If the same JAR contains classes you need for rule authoring you need it
uploaded to the M2 Repository and added as a dependency to your project.
3) If your JAR classes were compiled against classes not in the JAR (or
other project dependency) you'll the classes not found messages.

Item (1) is arguably acceptable as the database helper class is a (rule
authoring) design time requirement and not a (KJAR) runtime requirement.

Sent on the move