[rules-users] master - [BZ-1069337] fix incremental compilation when multiple KieContainers use the same ReleaseId

SrjTx clickthex at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 16:10:24 EST 2014

I stumbled on this commit today hoping it would fix the behaviour we have
been chasing for quite some time to no avail.

In our setup we have tow containers pointing to the same releaseID via
LATEST. The version is static at 1.0 using KIE. We have two drl rules. One
rule contains logic will fire from container1 and the other from container 2
- they use two independent entry-points and objects unique to the respective
entry-point.

The test is simple, we send objects into both entry-points that should fire
both rules - they do. We make changes to the rules via KIE wb, deploy the
project, the containers pickup the changes however at runtime only changes
to rule 1 seem to b "loaded". More specifically container 1 pickups up the
new deltas while container 2 never does.

We are running inside a JBoss container env. The workaround is to restart
jboss and then the latest are used. I have verified that the jar that is
produced in .m2 is correct. I even saw the changes in the kbase.cache file
inside our jar.

Any ideas? Is LATEST not handled even with the above fix?

Are we experiencing https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SWITCHYARD-1840???

Thanks
-J
-