[rules-users] Nested negation constraints behavior change from Drools 5.x to 6.x

mikerod mjr4184 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 18:44:13 EST 2014

I made a basic jar that only depends on Drools.

All the rules do is output to standard out to demonstrate.
This can just be ran with:
`mvn exec:java -Dexec.mainClass="example.drools.TestingNestedNegation"`

This is with v6.0.1.Final; so switching this in the pom.xml to 5.6.0.Final,
for example, will cause the different behavior between the versions i.e.
changing <drools.version>6.0.1.Final</drools.version> in pom.xml .

@Mark I looked at the link and he had a zip file.  I'm guessing a jar with a
main class in it is sufficient? drools-example-tests-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4028398/drools-example-tests-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar>

Also, I am still using the now, legacy API for the kb and Stateful session.
I tried to add the logback.xml config file, but it doesn't seem to work
quite so simply there.  That is likely due to me not reading up on the new
API yet...  I'm hoping the initial uplift to v6.x can just be to the legacy
API and migrate over later on.

I don't think the API choice would make this behavioral change in the rules
nonetheless.

Let me know what else would be helpful.