[rules-users] Caching in Drools 5.5.0

Rajeswari rajeswari at raremile.com
Wed Jul 16 09:09:44 EDT 2014

We are using Drools 5.5.0 and have created Models and Rules via the
Workbench.

>From our application code, we create model classes and the models are then
modified depending on the rules configured and the modified objects are used
further in our code.

Example:

RuleModel - is a model containing fieldName and resultList.

Several rules are written to return an appropriate resultList depending on
the value of the fieldName.

We would like to implement Caching here. At several points within our
application, we create these RuleModel with sometimes the values of the
fieldName being the same - How can we cache the RuleModel (after it gets
modified by applying the rules for the first time)

Eg: RuleModel with value of fieldName as F1
 RuleModel with value of fieldName as F2
all needs to be in cache. Anytime the application needs the object with F1
for the next time, we would use that insteading of having to apply the rules
again.

We will further put it in a feature to refresh this cache at regular
intervals.