[rules-users] Including repository in a WAR file

ilguapo ilguapo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:39:38 EDT 2014

Thank you for replying Toni and Salaboy.

This is the reason why we want to do that:

-We already have an application that uses Guvnor in production.  The problem
is Guvnor is hosted on a different machine which we are losing therefore we
thought about an idea of completely eliminating Guvnor by including the
repository in the WAR so that we could read it the first time the
application starts.  As you know, this is being done by pointing to the
Guvnor URL at this time.

-We actually wanted to leave Guvnor in the dev environment so that
developers could add more rules to the application whenever necessary by
providing an Import feature to read the repository_export.zip file into the
application to replace the old repository.

-If we do this, we will only need Guvnor in the dev environment which is
controlled by us and will be eliminated from all other environments. (Will
reduce a lot of paper work at a government site)

I like Toni's idea of building the repository using Guvnor in the dev
environment but how do you read the repository the first time the app
starts?  This is done now by getting the package from Guvnor thru a URL.
That was the only reason to store the repository inside the WAR file so that
the rules could be read at initialization time.

Any pointers would be really appreciated especially how to update the
package which according to Toni is easy :-)

Regards,
Ilguapo