[rules-users] ruleflow-group vs. agenda-group vs. activation-group ?

Péter Gergely, Horváth h.peter at mailbox.hu
Tue Jun 3 08:16:15 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I've been experimenting with agenda-group and ruleflow-group features and I
am now a bit confused. The documentation states that agenda-group and
ruleflow-group features have been merged, but I'm not sure how this relates
to activation groups.

ruleflow-groups used to be a rule-flow feature, driven by the .RF file,
requiring JBPM engine behind the scenes. Agenda-group work without the
presence of JBPM: does it mean we can use the RF file for visualizing the
agenda-groups as well?

Could someone please shed some light on the differences between these
constructs? Which one is the currently recommended approach (when?) for
controlling rule execution flow?

Thanks,
Peter