[rules-users] Fusion, Insert Events with timestamp in the past.

Matteo Mortari matteo.mortari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:55:59 EDT 2014

Concerning point #1, I'm not sure I understand what you mean, I'm sorry,
but might be connected to my last statement about "this approach would
solve for "network delay issue" but will induce another problem (...)"

Because basically with this approach I personally found that also:
a. data is buffered and inserted in chronological order
b. pseudoclock is advanced anyway after a "deathwatch" period, normally to
activate negative patterns as you mention - thus at the same time
discarding data if arriving after the deathwatch already triggered
c. pseudoclock is advanced anyway to trigger timers of rules

This is the part which gets complex and the reason behind I mentioned I do
mostly same as code example linked.

In my use case scenario, implementation of deathwatch + advance of
pseudoclock anyway, do fit the bill; but of course result may vary
depending case by case.

Concerning point #2 in my use case timer of rules do work, even if I use
pseudoclock.  But again, result may differ depending on the rules
specification, I suppose.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, I thought worthy share my experience anyway
because I felt was very similar scenario, and fortunately the system
behaves as expected.

Ciao
MM