[rules-users] Drools Workbench - Cloning a local Repo Gives “Invalid remote: origin”

Zahid Ahmed zahid.ahmed at emirates.com
Sun Jun 8 06:06:20 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to clone a repo in Drools WorkBench and getting the following error,

"Can't clone repository. java.lang.RuntimeException:Invalid remote: origin"

The repository which I am cloning, resides in my local machine. D:/Servers/Drools-6-Deployment/repo/repoA.git

Following are the inputs I am providing to WorkBench clone Wizard,

"Repository Name           = repoCloned" "Organizational Unit = inTech"
"GIT URL                              = file:///D:/Servers/Drools-6-Deployment/repo/repoA.git"
"User Name                       = " (Currently I am giving my github account cred. What to give in user name?)
"Password                          = " (Currently I am giving my github account cred. What to give as password?)

Question 1
Why am I getting remote origin error when I am cloning from a local GIT repository ?

Question 2
Kindly let me know what to give as User Name and Password when I am cloning from an existing GIT repo in my local filesystem ?

Regards,
Zahid Ahmed