[seam-dev] Fwd: Release of a business object library under Seam

Gavin King gavin at hibernate.org
Sat Apr 26 17:00:35 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marco Pancotti <marco.pancotti at mclink.it>
Date: Thu, Feb 7, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Subject: Release of a business object library under Seam
To: gavin.king at gmail.com

Dear Gavin
I'm the  manager of the Open Source project  named Tyl (www.tyl-project.org).
Tyl is a library of Business Objects built using Hibernate, JPA and Seam.
Even if the scope of Tyl is only the Domain Model, we produced a Web
application (TylWeb) as a "proof of concept" on how you can use Tyl inside a
JSF/Richfaces/Seam environment. TylWeb is a seam-generated project that uses
Seam 2.0 and JBoss 4.2. The "dev" environment is set to be used with an
embedded Derby database. The source is released as a JBDS project.

Tyl is already used "in production" by two Italians companies. One of them
is the Italian National Standardization Body (named UNI, www.uni.com) where
it is used, together with another Seam/Hibernate/JSF application,  to
coordinate all the regulation development process (a complex workflow,
implemented using jBpm, that involves about 15.000 persons organized in
hundred of Technical Commitee)

Tyl sources are available at sourceforge.net under an Apache 2.0 licence (
sourceforge.net/project/tyl).

I hope you will find five minutes to look at the Tyl web site and at the Tyl
wiki (http://www.tyl-project.org/trac) where you can find some detailed
information about Tyl architecture. Tyl would not exist without Hibernate
and Seam, so if I am its father, you are at least its uncle!

I will attend JBoss convention in Orlando. I hope, in that occasion, to have
the possibility to meet you and to be able to do a small (and fast)
presentation "live" of what Tyl is and how it can enrich the Seam and
Hibernate community.

See you in Orlando
Marco Pancotti

--