[seam-dev] RE: Seam with Flex

Cameron Ingram CIngram at pscufs.com
Mon Feb 18 16:45:34 EST 2008

I agree with Pete ,there is definitely a lot of wiring that is currently going  in building the remote object. Also  I am not a big fan of dynamic typing . I still think that code generation will solve both problems. I can understand the reluctance to use it, however  I just can't get past the dynamic  typing issue though. Code generation will allow us to automatically create the wiring needed for the remote object as well as remove the dynamic typing.

I would love it if you made the faces messages agnostic! That would really reduce some of the code we had to create to integrate with messages and the lifecycle.

Venkat and I would love to see FlexBooking and documentation included into Seam examples at some point. If you guys could host the SVN there I think that would be a great idea, it will give us all a common spot to collaborate. Just give me the location and I will up load the project.

The booking application can be downloaded from www.rationaldeveloper.com/downloads/granite/FlexBooking.zip<http://www.rationaldeveloper.com/downloads/granite/FlexBooking.zip> (Granite Version)

I included the granite seam code in the email, the whole project can be retrieved from the latest svn
http://granite.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/granite/graniteds/trunk/

I do have the blaze code available however there Is an issue with Flex 3 beta 3 and the way I am moving information back and forth. Sooo that means it's broken right now. ;)