[seam-dev] Re: ViewExpiredException

Pete Muir pmuir at bleepbleep.org.uk
Tue Feb 19 18:59:17 EST 2008

But we're not using a4j/rf components, we are just submitting a h:form
with a h:commandButton - so the behaviour should *not* deviate from
the underlying JSF impl.

And actually, if you do some debugging, you'll see that the problem
isn't that RF needs to throw a ViewExpiredException, but that, in the
updateModel method of UIInput without RichFaces the viewRoot is null,
so the RI throws the exception, with RichFaces, it isn't null, so the
exception isn't thrown.

I don't know if this is a bug in RF or in the JSF RI - if you need me
to chase this down I guess that I can spend time on it but I would
prefer not to.

Thanks

--
Pete Muir