[seam-dev] Re: ViewExpiredException

Alexandr Smirnov asmirnov at exadel.com
Wed Feb 20 13:15:24 EST 2008

Really, it's not a bug. Different JSF specifications have a different
behaviors for a this case. So, RichFaces classes should be JSF 1.2
compatible for a ViewExpiredExceptions.
SUN RI check VievHandler/StateManager instances at the restore view
phase. For a JSF 1.2, no view is created by framework, but, for a JSF
1.1 classes, they should call ViewHandler.createView method , for an
empty UIViewRoot creation.
I'll chech implementation code for a correct support of the all cases.
This is not a problem for a RichFaces 3.2. development branch, so it
already targeted for a JSF 1.2