[seam-dev] Name of generic type for persistence context

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:21:54 EDT 2008

One of the comments from a reviewer of Seam in Action with regard to
org.jboss.seam.framework.PersistenceController et al

If you know why they chose to use "T" instead of, say, PM or P, that
would be good to say. "T" doesn't really make a lot of sense unless
they were talking about a "Transacton" manager … but this is a
persistence thing, right? Why not use "P"?

Is this worth a JIRA or explanation? Personally, I always interpreted
as being short for "type".

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters. Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.