[seam-dev] FaceBook integration for Seam

Pete Muir pmuir at bleepbleep.org.uk
Mon May 12 14:47:09 EDT 2008

I thought about this too a while back when I had a play writing a
facebook app (I was expecting great things from this facebook
development platform given how hyped it is, but was pretty
disappointed).

Another consideration is - what is the license of the Java API?

2008/5/12 Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com>:
> Someone (I don't remember who) approached me at JavaOne and asked if
>  the Seam development team would consider adding a module that would
>  aid in the development of FaceBook apps in Java. Of course, in light
>  of the announcement today about FaceBook dropping support for the Java
>  API, this might put a damper on the initiative. Still, I like the idea
>  of helping developers create plugins for these social networks. It
>  could be a great opportunity for Seam to move into a new space (so we
>  are not siloed to standalone enterprise applications). I would imagine
>  it would just be a matter of wrapping the API in something more
>  accessible.
>
>  Thoughts?
>
>  -Dan
>
>  --
>  Dan Allen
>  Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action
>
>  http://www.mojavelinux.com
>  http://manning.com/dallen
>
>  NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
>  basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
>  for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
>  it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
>  caught in the spam filters. Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
>  you feel that it did not reach my attention.

Pete Muir
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete
http://www.seamframework.org