[seam-dev] Performance Review of current Seam trunk fo 2.1.1

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 00:28:58 EST 2008

On Nov 13, 2008, at 04:37 , Jay Balunas wrote:

> Here is my basic 25 user script for the wiki example.  It does
> assume a page "wiki/Community/SeamUsers" exists for the testing and
> I am not certain if such a page exists by default in the wiki example.

Testing this page is not a good idea.

If you do not have an authenticated user, it will run a particularly
heavy SQL query once and then cache the result in the page fragment
cache. Most of the page is then served from the cache. If you have an
authenticated user the cache is not used at all, then the time for the
SQL query will dominate the result.

I recommend using the 'dev' deploy of the wiki and the default
startpage. This is a good mix of database access and lots of code loops.

The live sfwk.org data should probably be used to find other
performance bottlenecks that are inherent in the wiki. We know that
the SQL query on the forum overview page is an issue. But, a forum
posting with 50 replies is quite slow to render also. Why?