[seam-dev] Re: Seam 2.1.0.GA testing on AS 5 CR2 status

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sun Oct 19 07:59:57 EDT 2008

On 19 Oct 2008, at 11:20, Pete Muir wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2008, at 01:05, Jay Balunas wrote:
>
>> I wanted to provide a status on the testing of Seam 2.1.0.GA on AS
>> 5 CR2.  I believe these issues are a mixture of Seam and AS 5
>> issues.  Please review and let me know what you think.
>>
>> I have a couple of examples and seam-gen testing to complete.  I
>> will also be doing a spot check on windows, and with jdk5.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay
>>
>> So far I have tested only with JDK6 on Fedora 8.  I can provide
>> additional details for most of these if needed.
>>
>> * Blog example
>> - When I deploy the blog example I get the exception below.
>> - "Caused by: org.hibernate.cache.NoCachingEnabledException: Second-
>> level cache is not enabled for usage
>> [hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache |
>> hibernate.cache.use_query_cache]"
>> - Made several changes that I reviewed with Pete, Norman.
>> - Still getting this issue with these changes.
>> - Waiting to hear from Stan on this.
>> - Should this be a JBAS or JBSEAM jira?

I would not expect the blog example to work in general, as it deploys
JBoss Cache 1.x whilst you need to use JBoss Cache 2.x with JBoss 5.
Norman, can you take a look adding a JBoss 5 target to the blog
example? In general, add those examples known not working on JBoss 5
to the release notes.

I removed the use of the query cache from seamdiscs.

>> * GroovyBooking example
>> - JBSEAM-3579
>> - Getting the sql error below.  Jozef also saw this with Seam
>> 2.0.3.CR2 on AS 5 CR2
>> - Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Violation of unique constraint
>> SYS_PK_49: duplicate value(s) for column(s) $$
>>  - during import.sql import
>
> Are you sure you have a clean data dir?

Ok, this occurs because EJB3 is now deploying JPA for WARs
(persistence.xml in WEB-INF/classes/persistence.xml), so that
Hibernate gets started twice, and so import.sql is run twice. ALR, is
it correct that PUs get deployed from inside a war for EJB3? Other EE5
containers don't do this.

This one is a major PITA.... https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6093

>> * "Welcome to Seam null" shows in nearly every example when
>> deployed.  I have also seen "Welcome to Seam 5.0.0.CR2" in cases.
>> - Adrian fixed this for AS 5 GA
>>
>> * Excessive logging for every request of seam - JBSEAM-3575 entered
>>   14:51:54,551 INFO [Initialization] Installing components...
>>   14:51:54,551 INFO [Initialization] done redeploying
>>   14:51:55,293 INFO [Initialization] redeploying
>> - Pete fixed this in AS 5 trunk and should be in AS 5 GA

It's in AS5 trunk now.