[seam-dev] Seam 2.1 issues in Tools

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 05:52:16 EDT 2008

> It sounds like that you were already aware of that Max, but that the
> convention was good enough (the enemy of better) at the time. We should
> definitely have tools use the true mapping logic that Seam uses in the
> future. I would vote for it being important.

Yes, I was aware of it but it was not considered important back then
because
a) seam built-in components follow the naming strategy and b) no users had
or
have reported issues with custom components in components.xml.

What i'll do is that for the upcoming beta1 i'll downgrade the error to a
warning
(makes more sense when we don't resolve it 100% correctly) and then after
beta1
we will look into implementing it correctly via Eclipse's Java model.

--
/max