[seam-dev] Re: Adding a security audit to the Seam QA (release) process

Rodney Russ rruss at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 12:01:53 EDT 2008

Pete Muir wrote:

> On 22 Oct 2008, at 12:05, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>
>> Shane Bryzak wrote:

> Agreed, I hope this is part of the research that Marc and Christian
> will do :-)
So, what I was thinking of by suggesting these two resources is that an
IS/IT shop in a large enterprise will look to existing "standards" when
asking about or looking for information regarding (web application)
security.  Even if we develop an excellent resource of our own, I
believe questions from developers will come up that are directly related
to either of these two "standards".  For example, the Payment Card
Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) -
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/security_standards/pci_dss.shtml -
which is important in the US for companies handling credit card
transactions explicitly references OWASP and codifies it in the
requirements for compliance.  Keep in mind that I'm not advocating the
correctness of either of these (although Jeremiah is an extremely bright
security expert) just trying to anticipate behavior.