[seam-dev] Suppressing parameter inclusion for s:link

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:45:49 EDT 2008

> As Christian said, <f:param name="whatever" /> is probably the wrong syntax
> for this, as it implies you are adding a parameter, not removing it.

I don't want to disrupt the larger context of this thread, but
<f:param name="whatever"/> and <f:param name="whatever"
value="#{null}"/> are indistinguishable from the perspective of the
Facelets tag handler. Both are interpreted as a null value. Thus,
there is no way to enforce one or the other. Obviously, the second one
is clearer and more semantically correct. This is one of those cases
when Facelets is overly casual.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.