[seam-dev] Modules have been moved

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 01:07:13 EST 2009

Shane and Pete,

I like the new structure, it makes a lot more sense. However, this is one
major problem. During the restructuring, the seam-parent got nuked. I don't
see it anywhere, so I'm going to assume it was an oversight.

As we try to get this thing off the ground, I think there is one crucial
aspect that needs to be resolved first and foremost (which I think is what
you were implying, Pete, in your last response). We need to get a solid
seam-parent and seam-bom (or whatever the version matrix now called). I'm
looking at Weld and I can't figure out how that maps back to Seam. Here is
one approach:

build/trunk/parent/pom.xml
build/trunk/bom/pom.xml

But I don't know if that's how you want it.

Ultimately, the modules should have a pom which looks something like:

<project>
   <parent>
      <groupId>org.jboss.seam</groupId>
      <artifactId>seam-parent</artifactId>
      <version>1</version>
   </parent>
   <groupId>org.jboss.seam</groupId>
   <artifactId>seam-XXX</artifactId>
   <packaging>jar</packaging>
   <version>3.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

      <dependencyManagement>
      <dependencies>
         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jboss.seam</groupId>
            <artifactId>seam-bom</artifactId>
            <version>${seam.version}</version>
            <type>pom</type>
            <scope>import</scope>
         </dependency>
       </dependencyManagement>
</project>

This needs to be resolved or I can't bring contributors into the project
because I just don't know what to tell them to do. And we have contributors
waiting at the door. The time is ripe ;)

Registered Linux User #231597