[seam-dev] TestNG upgrade for 2.2 GA

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:02:07 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure the surefire problems with TestNG have been resolved (at
least in Maven 2.0.9 and above). So +1 from me

-Dan

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Christian Bauer
<christian.bauer at gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to upgrade TestNG from 5.6 to 5.9, however, there is this comment in
> build/core.pom.xml:
>
>    <!-- Surefire can't cope with such a new version of testng, so we have
> to specify it
>      here, otherwise ui build fails -->
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
>      <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
>      <version>5.6</version>
>      <optional>true</optional>
>      <exclusions>
>        <exclusion>
>          <groupId>junit</groupId>
>          <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>        </exclusion>
>      </exclusions>
>    </dependency>
>
> After switching this to 5.9 I've had a clean build and tests. Can we get
> this into 2.2 GA? If yes, I can probably commit some nice enhancements to
> test infrastructure (dbunit, resteasy) tomorrow.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.