[seam-dev] TestNG upgrade for 2.2 GA

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 04:17:14 EDT 2009

exactly, I have upgraded to 5.8 in EAP and all is OK. It only requires
to upgrade surefire plugin to 2.4.3

Dan Allen píše v Út 07. 07. 2009 v 15:02 -0400:
> I'm pretty sure the surefire problems with TestNG have been resolved
> (at least in Maven 2.0.9 and above). So +1 from me
>
> -Dan
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Christian Bauer
> <christian.bauer at gmail.com> wrote:
>         I want to upgrade TestNG from 5.6 to 5.9, however, there is
>         this comment in build/core.pom.xml:
>
>            <!-- Surefire can't cope with such a new version of testng,
>         so we have to specify it
>              here, otherwise ui build fails -->
>            <dependency>
>              <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
>              <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
>              <version>5.6</version>
>              <optional>true</optional>
>              <exclusions>
>                <exclusion>
>                  <groupId>junit</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>                </exclusion>
>              </exclusions>
>            </dependency>
>
>         After switching this to 5.9 I've had a clean build and tests.
>         Can we get this into 2.2 GA? If yes, I can probably commit
>         some nice enhancements to test infrastructure (dbunit,
>         resteasy) tomorrow.

> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan
>
> NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
> basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
> from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a
> week,
> it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
> caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message
> if
> you feel that it did not reach my attention.
Marek Novotny
--
JBoss Seam Product Lead

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99
612 45 Brno

Email: mnovotny at redhat.com
Office phone: +420 532 294 287, ext. 82-62 087
mobile: +420 608 509 230

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.europe.redhat.com/promo/carveoutcosts/