[seam-dev] Seam 2.2.0.GA testing results

Ondřej Skutka oskutka at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 09:30:58 EDT 2009

Hi!

The Seam QE team has finished testing the 2.2.0 GA.

What was done:
- initial testing
- closing resolved JIRAs
- functional tests on JBoss 4.2.3 GA / JDK 5; JBoss 5.1.0 GA / JDK 6;
Tomcat 6 / JDK 6; JBoss embedded / JDK 5
- seam-gen tests
- JBDS
- Portlet Bridge
- Quick document review
- Manual testing examples without ftests: excel, guice, itext, mail,
metawidget, openid, tasks, ui

There are five unresolved JIRAs right now for the release:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10071&version=12312739&status=1&status=3&status=4&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

- JBSEAM-4314 - Blog example needs additional jars for JBoss 4.x
Priority depends on whether we support JBoss 4.x. Do we?

- JBSEAM-4274 - hibernate-core.jar missing in Seam examples deployed to
Tomcat6
Not sure whether it's valid.

- JBSEAM-4308 - Unable to run TestNG tests within JBDS due to missing
dependency - slf4j-api

- JBSEAM-4307 - Spring example needs cglib library
This is blocking deployment of one example.

- JBSEAM-4028 - way to outject someting in to the CURRENT conversation
even if a new one is started before the context is flushed
This is not a bug, it's a feature request.

Please review open issues and also review library changes in my 'initial
testing results' email. Marek didn't sort them all out.

Ondra