[seam-dev] Seam 2.2.0.GA testing results

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 09:45:53 EDT 2009

On 22 Jul 2009, at 14:30, Ondřej Skutka wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The Seam QE team has finished testing the 2.2.0 GA.
>
> What was done:
> - initial testing
> - closing resolved JIRAs
> - functional tests on JBoss 4.2.3 GA / JDK 5; JBoss 5.1.0 GA / JDK 6;
> Tomcat 6 / JDK 6; JBoss embedded / JDK 5
> - seam-gen tests
> - JBDS
> - Portlet Bridge
> - Quick document review
> - Manual testing examples without ftests: excel, guice, itext, mail,
> metawidget, openid, tasks, ui
>
> There are five unresolved JIRAs right now for the release:
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10071&version=12312739&status=1&status=3&status=4&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
>
> - JBSEAM-4314 - Blog example needs additional jars for JBoss 4.x
> Priority depends on whether we support JBoss 4.x. Do we?

We should probably include a note in the readme on how to make it run
on JBoss 4.2.x - we can make a note that JBoss 4.2 is deprecated in
this release - rather than fix the build script

> - JBSEAM-4274 - hibernate-core.jar missing in Seam examples deployed
> Tomcat6
> Not sure whether it's valid.

It is - Norman was testing on Tomcat w/ embedded, it should be tomcat
w/o embedded

> - JBSEAM-4308 - Unable to run TestNG tests within JBDS due to missing
> dependency - slf4j-api

This one is critical - we need to add slf4j to thirdparty-all.jar.
Norman, do you know how do this (as Marek is away)?

> - JBSEAM-4307 - Spring example needs cglib library
> This is blocking deployment of one example.

This is on JB5? JBoss 4 used to ship cglib, 5 doesn't, so we should
add it to the deps

> - JBSEAM-4028 - way to outject someting in to the CURRENT conversation
> even if a new one is started before the context is flushed
> This is not a bug, it's a feature request.

Slipped.